The Terre Haute Regional Airport has over 250 acres of land available for immediate development with long term ground leases. These sites include airside and landside access for businesses such as maintenance repair and overhaul operations, corporate flight departments, light industrial, manufacturing, and warehouse distribution. The Airport is located within an Airport Development Zone and has Foreign Trade Zone capabilities thru INZone. The airport works with the Terre Haute Economic Development Corporation in facilitating business requests and offers a variety of incentive programs to new and expanding businesses in Terre Haute including Property Tax Abatement.
Benefits of Locating Your Business at the Terre Haute Regional Airport
Terre Haute Infrastructure
Terre Haute is centered in America’s industrial, distribution and transportation heartland.
- Terre Haute’s location in West Central Indiana is at the Crossroads of America.
- Terre Haute is serviced with Class l Rail service provided by CSX Transportation and Indiana Rail Road Company.
- Terre Haute is approximately 120 miles from each of the three ports that serve Indiana.
- 42 freight railroads – 3 rd in U.S. for total freight railroads
- 14 interstates – 1 st in U.S. for interstate highway access
- 3 ports – only statewide port system providing international connection via the Great Lakes and Ohio-Mississippi river systems – 6th in domestic waterborne shipping
Located in West Central Indiana, the Terre Haute Regional Airport offers an excellent location for existing and start-up companies.
- Easy access to interstates and highways The Airport is situated four miles from Interstate 70 (east/west) and five miles from US Highway 41 (north/south).
- UPS and Fed-Ex shipping facilities located within four miles
- Terre Haute is within 1,000 miles of 75% of the U.S. population
Close proximity to
- NSWC Crane
- Muscatatuck Urban Training Center*
- Camp Atterbury*
*Includes restricted airspace
Distance to Major Markets
- Indianapolis: 70 miles
- St. Louis: 175 miles
- Chicago: 180 miles
- Louisville: 180 miles
- Cincinnati: 180 miles
- Nashville: 265 miles
- Detroit: 360 miles
Our unique location provides an overall temperate climate with 220 days of sunshine and average temperature highs of 62 o F and lows of 43 o F, and an annual average precipitation of 40 inches. The Airport has on-site Automated Surface Observing Station (ASOS).